End of the year. Wrapping things up. Looking behind. Last year I gave you Top 5 posts of 2010. This year, I’m going for 10. While some posts from 2010 continue to rank higher, this list if for posts from 2011.
You all seem to follow along with some of my randomness. Talks of urban homestead, charcuterie, salads, chickens, food preservation, and books all piqued your interest.
Top 10 Posts of 2011
- Urban Homestead 2.1 Oh, that greedy Dervaes family and their ridiculous trademark scandal. Urban Homestead, Urban Homestead, Urban Homestead.
- Charcuterie: (Salt Curing, the Apprentice Challenge) Bacon
- The Urban Farm Handbook: Review and Giveaway
- (Urban) Homestead: A Different Kind of Critique A bit more homestead talk. In the end “I want us to get collectively angry enough that we produce a revolutionary and systemic change. A change to the systems that create injustices. As long as we are rooted in our participation of capitalism and rugged individualism we remain stuck. Stuck in a system that oppresses us all.” Power to the people!
- Got Tomatoes?
- The Fabulousness of Polish Hens. Introducing Lady Guitar, the Second
- Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking: Review and Book Giveaway
- Charcutepalooza: Brining and Corned Beef
- For the Love of Salads: Cherry Arugula Bread Salad
- A Tale of Two Chickens
In case you were wondering, my top favorite posts were:
- The above urban homestead posts and chicken posts
- Finding My Place
- The Chickens are Molting!
- No Way Tree Be: Parenting in the Face of Hurtful Language
- The Futile Fear of Failure: It is Quitting Time
- Ordinary Resistance
- Parenting Ain’t All Rainbows: The Road Trip
- Positive Power: Kicking and Dreaming.
Some of my favorite bloggers have 2011 lists (and I hope more do them. I love lists!) Local Kitchen, Crunchy Chicken, and Northwest Edible Life all have lists up. Well-Preserved has a series looking at things they learned over the year. Check them out!
Did you have a favorite post? Or is there something you’d like more of in 2012? I don’t know about you, but I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of 2012!