A lot of tasty canning going on and my pantry is getting stocked! As you might recall, March was Allium month for canning. I made Caramelized Red Onion Relish and it turned out amazing on burgers (the homemade buns & ketchup didn’t hurt either)!
Have some onions? Leeks? Garlic? Shallots? Get canning! Full official round up here.
Getting Pungent With It
- Notes from a Country Girl living in the City Jerk Pickled Onions. Jerk seasoning? Pickled? Onions? Hells yes!
- Well Preserved Pickled Leeks! Lemme say it again…PICKLED LEEKS! I adore leeks. I even eat a bizarre(by other’s standards, not mine!) leek/oatmeal soup that I love. I can’t wait to make this.
- Seasonal Menus & InnBrooklyn Pickled Shallots. Oh Shallots~ oh how I love thee. Yum.
- Put a Lid on it Sweet Onion and Lime Pickle. Sounds fantastic! Sweet, tart and spicy. Mmm!
- Prospect: The Pantry Curried Onion Jam. Wow. Versatile. Rockin’ flavors.
- Mock Paper Scissors Onion Jam with Blueberries & Pomegranate. What a unique flavor profile- nice!
- Tigress in a Pickle Onionz Limone Chutney. Wowsa! If Tigress wasn’t the mind behind the Can Jam Challenge I would have copied her recipe. I even had fresh lemons that my folks brought. Sigh. Soon though. Awesomeness!
- Leena Cooks Onion Apple Ale Relish. Oh my, on a grilled ham and cheese! I want to eat a lot of this. Now.
- Oh, Briggsy Salsa Criolla. Great recipe. Great post–chock full of picks, stories & video. Fantastic!
- Mother’s Kitchen Barbecue Sauce. This was a great write-up with canning insight & thought process and the recipe sounds great! I’ll definitely be making once my tomatoes are in season.
- Stetted Figs & Onion Conserve. Figs! Figs and Onions. Wowsa.
- What Julia Ate Roasted Garlic and Candied Ginger Jelly. And pretty to boot! Heeeelllo!
There were a lot of amazing recipes but this list really piqued my interest!